Wednesday 21 December 2011

How do we inspire ourselves to greatness when nothing else will do? How do we inspire everyone around us?

Just had one of those self realisation moments, when you're completely filled with joy because you are doing exactly what you are meant to be doing, I'm a traveller. I'm meant to discover and explore, expand my horizons, the world is my teacher, not a university. I learn from the homeless, from the indigenous, from business people, economists, politicians, Hippies, socialites, grand parents, children, mountains, bus drivers, Friends, hermits, hermits of the crab variety, wild places, monsters in the closet, rivers, Barista's, musicians, Weight lifters, oceans, the deceased and the living. From  lost cities, mathematicians, scientists, ecopolitical ideologies, Hizenburg and his paradoxical theories, the songs of birds, the sound of my ukulele, romantics, bohemians, that person on your street who  everyone thinks is crazy or strange. The writings on the wall, the whistle of the wind through trees, the wood of my surfboard, the grass between my toes, the  fragrance of flowers, the taste of champagne, But most of all from you, all of you. Everyone is a teacher and a student in their own right, and I know you all have just as much to say as any university. You might find me in a tent on a beach, in a bus shelter under a newspaper, lost with incredible strangers, and found amongst the firmest of friends, but you'll always find me unreasonably happy. Thank you university, but no thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment