Friday 17 August 2012

Life is but a day a fragile dew drop on it's way...

People lead unexpected lives...A friend once told me "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name. This afternoon I ran to a lake for a swim and an opportunity to soak up the sunshine. I dove into the cool water after the lengthy scorching run there; when I came in and beached myself on a large rock to vegetate, I couldn't help but overhear a conversation behind me between 2 girls and a guy. I wished I had a mute button. Well over an hour later, their gabble only amounted to them all agreeing that Walmart sold the best "coolers" (Eskie for you aussies) for beer and next time they were at anderson beach on the river they'd just leave the cooler, because they were so cheap there was no point in cleaning it and reusing it. Then one of the girl's piped up that if she got a job at Walmart they could get the "coolers" cheaper...

  These people have long lost sight of that crowded hour of glorious life...Nameless their chatter turned to language and immigrants, and how that everyone should speak english and if they were religious, they should renounce their religion and become christian...I stood up and walked away; at a complete loss as to their blindness, naivety, ignorance, and sheer disgusting nature.


  It warms me to know that I have friends with names, crowding their hours with the best parts of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment